Saturday, January 21, 2006

CompTIA Linux+ was harder than I thought

Ok so I have spent alot of time with Linux. I started in 1996 with early RedHat. By 1999 I was using all the time. By 2001 I had forsaken all others for Linux only environment. I work with Linux all day. My last 3 jobs have been all about Linux. Yet that new Linux+ XK0002 almost got me. It was like a history lesson and proof that in Linux there are always more than one way to do something.
When is the last time I used a distro with LILO? maybe Mandrake 7 or Redhat Seawolf... Every Modern distro uses grub yet out of 98 questions it did not come up once. 5 LILO questions. Telnet ??? It isn't even in some new distros. 2 questions. inetd. I thought that got put out to pasture. 2 questions.. The test took me about 45 minutes to complete. I took it at New Horizons and accept for the Secretaries chattering in the area next to the testing cubes it wasn't bad. The thing runs on a Windows Box!!! How evil is that.
If you plan on taking it study. I only studied for 6 hours thinking I could rely on my experience. I made it.
It was tough. I passed. I am free. But if I had it to do again I would study more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home