Monday, October 03, 2005

OpenSolaris what am I doing....

Again not sure... I installed it on my second workstation along side Windows 2K (its for school man... I will probably do my homework in wine anyway) OpenSolaris as a desktop is interesting to say the least. They basically hacked the crap out of Gnome called it Java Desktop System and ...Oh wait you thought I was going to use CDE. Come on... wtf is wrong with you. I install a bunch of stuff from Blastwave.org but I gotta tell you that this thing is a beast. I feel like Linux circa 1999 w/ RH7.2. Stable as all get-out but I have to config everything by hand. Open < Free and Sun meant no wheels, no steering wheels, and no gas. I know someone with a Sun Workstation that is do in so I will wait until I see what a PAY version is like before passing judgment. Is it me or is McNeally weasel-like?


"Steve stood up and said he was giving Mr. McNeally $700 million..." -- LJ





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home