Saturday, August 27, 2005

So if you did care... what do you think about.

Open Source Software... can it really change the world? Has it already? I am not sure I really agree with everything that goes on but I know that I really like having the flexibility to use whatever I want and modify it if I need to. Before I started using GNU/Linux I really would have to struggle with proprietary software. I liked Photoshop and Illustrator on the Mac. I could not afford a decent Mac. It was not until I switched to GIMP and later SodiPodi/Inkscape that I gained freedom. I really enjoy having out of the box support for Python, Perl, and C/C++. Having a compiler already installed is a pure joy. I am not sure I could function without Firefox, Gaim, Thunderbird, and Python. Good thing I can install whatever I need with a simple emerge whatever. Thanks Gentoo, Fedora, Slackware, and Debian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home